Thursday 7 August 2008

Dhanak Deira, Bolton

I write this as I sit on the toilet for the third time today, as last nights food manages to break free. Sorry for the graphic detail, but this is the end to a story that started 24 hours ago....as we walked into this restaurant we were greeted by a well dressed chap who was actually quite polite. I looked around and saw that this place was actually quite large with several large round tables. Asking if we could sit on one I was told that they are for bookings only, fair enough, there must be some people en route to enjoy dinner on a table with an inbuilt fountain! We were shown to our table and as the post below states, it had a ridiculous lower table which meant my legs would not fit under, I do not understand why anyone would want these tables anywhere, let alone a restaurant! Decor was very average, I was not offended like my fellow diners but it could have been better, much better. This is one of those places that tried too hard to be an 'interior designed' place, so much so that the finished article is anything but.

On to the food, mixed grill and prawns for starters. All cooked well, no real complaints apart from lack of mango chutney and onions. I hear the veg dishes were ok. But just ok. Mains were chicken karai and chicken palak. Both again were just ok, run of the mill stuff. They reminded me of other food items like bread and butter, they will keep you alive but you will never WANT to eat them, and when you do it's pretty much a non-event. Mains could and should have been much better for the prices we paid.

No hot towels to wipe our hands with either plus we had to get up and go to the counter to pay by card, but a plus point is that they do accept Amex.

I walked out of there not really remembering anything I'd eaten and more importantly not wanting to eat more.

It's very expensive for what it is, the food was mediocre, the service was just ok. They did deal with a problem dish quickly and took it off the bill without us asking.

I don't think I'd go back off my own back, but if someone took me I wouldn't be overly impressed either. One word sums it up for me...OK.

NP

4 comments:

hina said...

I think you both are related so tell us thr truth how much both of you had earned because I HAVE BEEN THER FOR ABOUT 7 TIMES NOW AND EVERY TIME iCOULD NOT FAULT THE TASTE. ONE MORE POINT WHY ARE YOU MAKING THESE COMMENTS WITH HIDDEN IDENTIY! wHY NOT HAVE THE GUTS TO BE ON THE FACE WHY USING "BLOGS" FOR IT ! VERY STRANGE AND THE ANSWER IS ONLY ONE you are lying and been paid to damaGE THE SUCESS OF dHANAK dEIRA WHICH iTHINGK YOU WILL NEVER BE SUCESSFULL BECUASE PEOPLE ARE NOT FOOL THEY KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS BEST FOR THEM THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND INFORMATION BY THE WAY YOUR TEXT IS VERY SIMILAR TO THE NET BLOGS COMMENT SERIOUSLY TELL ME IF YOU BOTH ARE THE SAME PEOPLE HA HA HA

Blogger said...

Well Hina, thanks for your comments here, but if you would like to review restaurants then you could always start your own blog. If you need help in doing so, I can assist you at my normal call out rates (£80 per hour). If you do not wish to setup your own blog, then feel free to leave comments on here, it's always good to get other peoples opinions. But please refrain from making your comments an attack on the authors, all 6 of us who will be writing on here have read your comments and decided that this has absolutely nothing to do with you. So in the most polite way...NAFF OFF.

Blogger said...

Also please make sure you use a spell checker and some sort of grammar checking tool too.

Tamzin said...

I ate there at lunch time, at a wedding. The food was lovely and the service was very polite and quick.

Having said that, I dont think it was the nicest Indian/Pakistani food I ever had but I would be happy to recommend it.

My favourite was the "carrot pudding" which was a carrot version of candied peel, with white things in which I was told by a fellow wedding guest wascondensed milk. Mmm, I will dream about that for a few years I think.